Music theory made easy!Since every step can be set to any note length and the sequence to any number of steps, it could be a real challenge to create sequences that are complete whole bars/measures aligned to the beat and meter. To make things super simple, set a desired meter, to 4/4 for example, then as steps are added to a sequence a read out is displayed in the parameter display box indicating what note lengths need to be added in order to complete a bar at the established meter. To expedite the process of devising perfect metronomics, there is a quantize button. When pressed, this feature will auto quantize the current sequence based on the established meter. This makes it very easy to craft custom presets that are perfectly in time. Skip the theory altogether and use the Preset Browser.
Main EffectsIn addition to the Step Animator, every instrument comes stocked with a Main Effects tab.
- MULTI-CORE EFFECT SEQUENCERS – for real-time effect automation
- WAVE - additive synthesis engine
- PITCH - sequencer for quick and easy pattern based transpositions on the fly
- MULTI MACROS & BUTTONS - for real-time sequencing of instrument parameter controls
Touch the sound with a tablet.
ARPOLOGY also comes equipped with an awesome TouchOSC preset that, when installed on a tablet, provides the ability to tangibly control the interface in new ways that cannot be achieved with the Kontakt software. A lot of time was spent crafting up a fresh, outside the box, approach for delivering a tableside touchable controller that transports the interface of ARPOLOGY to new heights. The main focus behind this tablet integration is to provide a set of easy to use controls that promote creativity and expedite user control beyond Kontakt. For example, the controller comes with 4 "X/Y" sliders locked and loaded to instantly warp the sounds of every instrument in real-time. This app also provides simultaneous multiple knob manipulations of the ARPOLOGY interface.
The app is divided into 3 main sections:
- Performance section with 4 pre-assigned XY's, Arp, and mod-wheel controls.
- Two-octave MIDI keyboard screen to play ARPOLOGY
- Multi-script Macro/Button controls for Multis
Instruments & Multis
In the design of ARPOLOGY, Sample Logic felt that it was important to use a wide spectrum of instrument recordings spanning all genres and sound types such as: choirs, woodwinds, brass, strings, world instruments, sound effects, various field recordings, industrial tools, machinery, synths, and much more. Sample material was carefully and selectively hand picked from key sample sets from the entire Sample Logic vault of over 200 gigabytes of already recorded material used in SL's previous products. Once gathered and selected, this material was then used as the clay, which now has been morphed and animated into a series of never before heard instruments that will blow anyone away.
The instruments are divided into 3 main categories:
- Cinematic / Organic
- Electronic / Effectual
- Over 550 Instruments and Multis delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- Just over 5.25 GB sample library using Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression
- Includes TouchOSC preset to control the ARPOLOGY interface (Designed for iPad running TouchOSC - sold separately) *Presets are compatible with Android OS, but not tested.
- Requires Kontakt 5 Player (free) or Kontakt 5 (sold separately) Version 5.5 or higher
- Mac OS X 10.9, or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM (6GB recommended)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2, 4 GB RAM (6GB recommended)
- 5.3 GB free disk space for ARPOLOGY sample content
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player
Arpology is yet another great library from Sample Logic, and it’s got the deepest arpeggiator I’ve ever seen in a Kontakt instrument. For modern film and tv scoring, it really covers a lot of ground – from quiet hypnotic stuff to intense propulsive rhythms, from simple pulses to complex, crazy patterns. Instantly inspiring and extremely customizable… Highly recommended.
Arpology is incredible. I’m always on the hunt for new tools for sound creation. Arpology takes sampling to the next level. This isn’t just some step sequencer or arpeggiator, it’s a whole rethinking of what can be done with synth/sampling arpeggiation and programming. All while still being musical and easy to use. It has endless possibilities to take their phenomenal patches and create something all your own and not waste a lot of time doing so.
What I really love about Arpology is the interface. Their Step Animator is one of the cleanest and most fun to use arp creation tools I have ever seen. The tweak-ability is crazy, it’s almost too fun, I need to get work done I can’t be playing with Arpology all day! Thank you Sample Logic for creating yet another amazing music creation tool.
It’s clear a lot of work has gone into ARPOLOGY, and as far as pushing the boundaries of Kontakt scripting goes, this is one of the most impressive examples I’ve seen.
ARPOLOGY lives up to its hype in many ways, surpassing what current arpeggiators offer and opening up realms of possibility. With complete custumization, control, and a ton of sounds, it’s a great, inspiring tool to have in the arsenal. – Awarded 92 Point Out of 100
ARPOLOGY combines Sample Logic’s wealth of sampled sounds with a sophisticated arpeggiator to create a unique virtual instrument.