FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Product stuck on loading, showing a coffee cup, or taking a very long time to load
Your presets are not installed, or your user documents folder is not in the expected location. First, please find the product’s presets folder located inside the product library folder and copy it to the following folder(s):
[Mac] Boot Drive/Users/Your User Name/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt or Kontakt 5.
[Windows] Boot Drive/Users/Your User Name/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt or Kontakt 5.
If you cannot find those location, or they do not resolve your issue, please verify if you are using a cloud folder, [Windows] OneDrive, or [Mac} iCloud Drive. If you are, you will need to copy the presets to the OneDrive location [Windows], or disable iCloud Drive optimization [Mac]
For additional help, watch this video on missing presets for our Kontakt full retail products: https://youtu.be/l-Cy_3QLnP0
For installation assistance, please watch this short installation video: https://youtu.be/3_oaiONb9Jc
My Instrument presets are missing!
In case you need further assistance, please watch this short installation video: https://youtu.be/3_oaiONb9Jc
What’s the difference between Kontakt Player and Kontakt?
- Kontakt Player is a free sampler plugin, which will only load “Powered by Kontakt” libraries designed for Kontakt Player.
- Kontakt (full retail/paid version) is Native Instruments’ exclusive retail software sampler, which will load all Kontakt libraries, including Kontakt non-player libraries which do not work in the free Kontakt Player. The retail version of kontakt also provides users the added benefit of unlocking the instrument to “go under the hood” and tweak, which Kontakt Player users cannot do.
Kontakt is freezing and not responding during initial launch of your product.
Why is your product taking forever to load, but once it does, it works fine?
I’m having trouble activating a library. What do I do?
- Make sure the product you purchased is a Kontakt Player library which comes with a Native Instruments formatted serial number, example: 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345. You must then use the free Native Access software from Native Instruments to activate.
- If your product does not include a Native Instruments formatted serial, then it is a non-player library the will not use Native Access. You may load the .NKI directly with no need for activation.
Why didn’t I receive a serial number to activate my new product in Native Access?
If there is no serial number included, then you purchased a full Kontakt retail (non-player) library that does not require activation. Simply load the .NKIs through the Kontakt file browser, or directly from the downloaded instruments folder.
Why is my product loading up in DEMO mode?
If you are seeing DEMO mode displayed in Kontakt, you are loading one of our non-player libraries in Kontakt Player. These libraries require the full paid version (retail) of Kontakt. If you do own the full version of Kontakt, then make sure you are loading the full version in your DAW and not the Player version.
How do I add a “Powered by KONTAKT” Library by a third party manufacturer to the KONTAKT Browser and how to activate it?
I’m receiving an invalid path warning from Native Access with trying to activate. What do I do?
Make sure to point Native Access to the actual library folder, not the download folder, example: point to ARPOLOGY, not the ARPOLOGY – Sample Logic folder.
Do all of your libraries work in Kontakt 6?
Multis are loading up with missing graphic elements. What do I do?
- Navigate to the product’s samples folder. There you will find a folder named “Move contents to Kontakt pictures folder”.
- Open this folder and select all of the contents inside it.
- Copy the selected files (all files) to the following location(s):
For Kontakt 5:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures
MAC: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/pictures
For Kontakt 6: (You may need to create a new folder called “pictures” if one does not already exist.)
Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt\pictures
MAC: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/pictures
Can I copy a library to another computer?
Yes, but make sure to copy the presets folder and the contents of the “Move contents to Kontakt pictures folder” (if product uses Kontakt Multis) to the appropriate location on the new computer as outlined in the quickstart installation guide. This is the same process you executed when first installing the library on the original computer.
When I try to re-authorize a product, I get an error saying my serial is locked, what do I do?
- Your account is locked, because you have reached your maximum authorization limit for your Sample Logic sample library. This can be due to multiple reasons. As defined in our license agreement, you are limited to 2 machine authorizations and if you wish to have more than 2 computers authorized, an additional license must be purchased by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have replaced an old machine or reformatted your current machine, your account may be locked. In order for us to resolve this particular issue, please email email@example.com with the product title and serial number.
My CPU becomes bogged down during playback (audio popping, glitches, dropouts). What do I do?
- Reduce the number of voices in each instrument on the instrument interface.
- Purge unused samples for instruments.
- Set the Kontakt CPU overload protection to “relaxed” or “medium” etc., and/or set the appropriate multiprocessor settings from the Engine settings tab under Kontakt’s Options menu.
- Adjust the latency slider under Audio settings tab from Kontakt’s Options menu.
- If you have more than 2GB of RAM, experiment with the KMS – Kontakt Memory Server settings from the Memory tab under Kontakt’s Options menu.
Do your Ableton Live products work with Kontakt or Kontakt Player?
Are your products licenses free?
By purchasing our libraries you are purchasing a license to freely use the instruments and sounds in any way shape or form, provided you meet the few limiting terms in our license agreement. For more information, please review our License Agreement.
Do you offer any educational (University / Student) discount?
Yes, we offer a 10% student and faculty discount, and also offer great discounts to companies interested in licensing multiple copies of a product. Please contact us for more details.
Connect just sits there and doesn’t download anything!
Make sure all virus managers and firewalls are disabled before downloading (some can silently block download and extraction).
Connect seems to be downloading the files fine, but crashes when trying to extract some files.
First, check all virus managers and firewalls. If that doesn’t work, then:
go to the settings (gear icon upper-right) and choose “Download Only”, then hit Download again in Connect. When it’s finished downloading, go back into settings and change to “Download & Install”, then exit the settings and whilst holding down the shift key press the red Reset button and choose the same folder as previous (it will pick up the files and install them).
I want to change the download location (e.g. running out of space)
Pause the download, move all the downloaded archive files to your new location, then hold down the shift key and press the red Reset button (choose the new location so it can pick up the files).
I have deleted the files I downloaded before Connect installed them in order to start over again, but Connect tries to carry on where it left off.
Pause the download, then hold down the shift key and press the red Reset button. Choose the target location, it will start again.
Connect does nothing (or crashes) when trying to install.
First, try solutions above. If it still hangs, or crashes, please move the archive files and execute “Shift Reset” to a different location (best location is Desktop or Home folder for this solution).
I can’t load my instrument into Kontakt; or Kontakt says samples are missing.
Make sure Connect finishes installing, before trying in Kontakt. Connect should say Downloaded and Installed 100%. You will need to execute a “shift Reset” and make sure it takes you to the extracted folder when completed. The extracted folder will be a single folder containing the library.
Part way through extracting a file, Connect gets stuck and sits there.
Check that you haven’t run out of disk space on your drive. Sometimes Connect can’t tell.
I paused and resumed download near to the end of downloading an archive file and now it’s corrupt.
Connect should be able to fix this automatically by re-downloading it when it hits the problem during extraction, but if your network keeps disconnecting, Connect could have to re-download a file a few times before it gets it correct.
Can I extract / un-pack the .rar files myself, or must I let the Connect app extract them?
You must let the Connect app extract the .rar files automatically, or else the files will not install properly. If you wish to extract the .rar files yourself, you must request manual links for download first. Manual links are specially formatted for this.
I have all the archive files, what do I do with them?
You may delete these files once Connect has fully downloaded and unarchived the files to a single folder. Connect must say 100% installed first!
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Before contacting us check to see if we can solve the problem.
We certainly understand your situation and can help resolve this issue.Your account is locked because you have reached your maximum authorization limit for your Sample Logic sample library. This can be due to multiple reasons. As defined in our license agreement, you are limited to 2 machine authorizations and if you wish to have more than 2 computers authorized, an additional license must be purchased.If you have replaced an old machine or reformatted your current machine, your account may be locked. In order for us to resolve this particular issue, please do the following:1) Login to Service Center on the registered computer(s) that you wish to keep the authorization active. 2) Navigate to the overview tab. 3) Click the down arrow on “Show Details” for all Sample Logic products that are in question. 4) Copy the system ID(s) and Activation Key(s) for the active computer(s) you wish to continue using our products on. 5) Reply back to this e-mail address and paste the system ID, Activation Key and Serial Number information and send it to us.Once we receive your response, we will de-authorize any additional computers we have on record that are not in use. This will unlock your account.
WHERE’S MY DOWNLOAD
You should have received a secondary email with instructions on how to download.If you do not see this email, please first check your spam / junk mail. If still nothing, please provide us with an alternate email address that we can deliver the download to.